Happy Monday everyone! Hope your week is off to a great start. Here’s what I’ve been up to lately:
DISCLAIMER: Despite the fact that it looks like I eat all day every day, that’s not exactly true. But it does come pretty close. What can I say? There’s just too little time and too much to taste.
1. I get on the subway and, thanks to some miracle from the underground transportation gods, find a seat. A mysterious liquid drops on my shoulder (not the first time that has happened). No idea where it comes from. Ahh the glory of the NYC subway system. #kidding
2. After one very hungry subway ride down to Little Italy and a short walk later, I make it to the quaint café and take a seat outside.
3. The waiter hands me my menu and… OH MY GOODNESS IS THAT MY VERY OWN MINT WATER? Well, that didn’t take very long. I’m in love.
4. I glance at the menu. Pretty sure I’ve died and gone to food heaven because I want EVERY salad, drink, and entree that they offer. If only I wasn’t a poor college student. Oh well, I settle for some avocado toast and a kale salad.
5. My meal comes and it looks like it’s from a magazine. No joke. Here are the deets:
-Local kale, sunfower seed tahini, avocado, green apples, sunflower seeds, and smoked sea salt salad
-Curry avocado toast with cilantro mustard seeds and lime
Eating slowly and savoring your food is seriously overrated. I scarfed down my meal in no time. Don’t worry, though, I resisted for a few seconds to take a picture.
Hottest trend this summer? Leftovers. Save everything you don’t eat after dinner to prevent wasting delicious foods that can be used later for different meals. Case in point: this past weekend, we grilled up tons of veggies (asparagus, eggplant, broccoli, peppers, onions, and mushrooms). I tossed in the leftovers with kale, avocado, cranberries, tomatoes, and lemon juice the next day for a hearty lunch.
If I could go anywhere at this very moment, it would be back to Paris. But, since that’s not very realistic, I guess some delicious nutella, banana, and strawberry crepes will suffice.
Check out one taste at a time’s instagram for more!