I officially have a French bank account, cell phone number, and library card. Anyone that has lived, or even visited, France will likely understand the associated bureaucratic nightmare and appreciate the fact that accomplishing such feats called for a well-deserved celebration. In other words, macaroons at Feuillette.
Happy Monday everyone! Hope your week is off to a great start. Here’s what I’ve been up to lately:
DISCLAIMER: Despite the fact that it looks like I eat all day every day, that’s not exactly true. But it does come pretty close. What can I say? There’s just too little time and too much to taste.
1. I get on the subway and, thanks to some miracle from the underground transportation gods, find a seat. A mysterious liquid drops on my shoulder (not the first time that has happened). No idea where it comes from. Ahh the glory of the NYC subway system. #kidding
2. After one very hungry subway ride down to Little Italy and a short walk later, I make it to the quaint café and take a seat outside.
3. The waiter hands me my menu and… OH MY GOODNESS IS THAT MY VERY OWN MINT WATER? Well, that didn’t take very long. I’m in love.
4. I glance at the menu. Pretty sure I’ve died and gone to food heaven because I want EVERY salad, drink, and entree that they offer. If only I wasn’t a poor college student. Oh well, I settle for some avocado toast and a kale salad.
5. My meal comes and it looks like it’s from a magazine. No joke. Here are the deets:
-Local kale, sunfower seed tahini, avocado, green apples, sunflower seeds, and smoked sea salt salad
-Curry avocado toast with cilantro mustard seeds and lime
Eating slowly and savoring your food is seriously overrated. I scarfed down my meal in no time. Don’t worry, though, I resisted for a few seconds to take a picture.
Hottest trend this summer? Leftovers. Save everything you don’t eat after dinner to prevent wasting delicious foods that can be used later for different meals. Case in point: this past weekend, we grilled up tons of veggies (asparagus, eggplant, broccoli, peppers, onions, and mushrooms). I tossed in the leftovers with kale, avocado, cranberries, tomatoes, and lemon juice the next day for a hearty lunch.
If I could go anywhere at this very moment, it would be back to Paris. But, since that’s not very realistic, I guess some delicious nutella, banana, and strawberry crepes will suffice.
Check out one taste at a time’s instagram for more!